How does it work?
Zelle enables customers to send money directly from one bank account in the U.S. to another using the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number.
If both the sender and recipient are enrolled with Zelle, money is typically received within minutes.*
- If the recipient is not yet enrolled, it may take between 1 and 3 business days for your recipient to receive their first payment after enrollment.
Who can customers send money to with Zelle?
Zelle can be used to send money to people at the same bank, or at a different bank.**
How can customers enroll with Zelle?
Customers can enroll with Zelle in two ways:
- If their financial institution offers Zelle (list of participating FIs: ), the customer can use hereZelle within their financial institution’s mobile banking app.
- If the customer’s financial institution does not offer Zelle, the customer can download a standalone Zelle app and enroll with basic contact information, an email address and U.S. mobile number, and a Visa® or Mastercard® debit card with a U.S.-based account (does not include U.S. territories).
- If a customer is using Zelle within your financial institution app or online experience DO NOT direct them to Zelle customer support.
Can payments be cancelled?
Customers can only cancel payments if the recipient has not yet enrolled and the payment is still pending. If the recipient has already enrolled, money goes directly into the recipient’s bank account and the payment cannot be cancelled.
When trying to enroll with Zelle, I received a message saying I was already enrolled. What does that mean?
There are a couple of reasons why you may be receiving this message:
- Your U.S. mobile number or email address is already enrolled with a bank or credit union (which could be at your financial institution)
- Your U.S. mobile number or email address is already enrolled with clearxchange.com (the online version of Zelle used for receiving payments from companies) or the Zelle app.
Can I use Zelle with more than one bank?
In order to enroll with a different bank or credit union, or in the Zelle app, your U.S. mobile number or email address must be removed from where it was initially enrolled. To do so, contact the customer support team of where you initially enrolled and ask to remove your U.S. mobile number or email address. Note: If the customer is unsure where they are enrolled, please advise them to contact Zelle customer support at 844-428-8542.
*To receive money in minutes, the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number must already be enrolled with Zelle.
**Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle.
***In order to send payment requests or split payment requests to a U.S. mobile number, the mobile number must already enrolled in Zelle.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Service, LLC and are used herein under license.
In order to send payment requests or split payment requests to a U.S. mobile number, the mobile number must already be enrolled in Zelle.
Zelle is only available in the U.S. and is available to almost anyone with a bank account in the United States.